Parents of middle & high school guys — introducing a resource you didn’t know existed.
Is your son frustrated at school? Believe it or not, that can change.
If you’re a parent who knows that your son is bright, intelligent, and full of life — even though his grades don’t seem to reflect it — you’re about to see:
- Why your son doesn’t need to be more intelligent to succeed
- 3 reasons why — to no fault of his own — he probably isn’t maximizing his potential
- A simple strategy for making very real improvements (reflected in his grades, confidence, and lowered stress at school)
If you’re like the hundreds of parents we’ve engaged, you’ve tried everything to help your son succeed. Sometimes that journey includes rewarding positive grades, disciplining poor performances, getting tutors, or maybe even changing classrooms. But so many parents still see their student struggle.
If that’s you, we have good news: he can still thrive.
Understanding Why Dudes Struggle in School
1. 21st Century Schooling isn’t necessarily built in a way conducive to your dude’s strengths.
What other time does your middle school or high school son sit still for hours on end? I’m pretty confident that — unless he’s watching a movie or asleep — your son is active. School, at first glance, doesn’t always fit the profile of the best expeirence for an active, high-energy guy.
2. Your dude probably has strengths in areas that aren’t typically measured in “A’s” and “B’s.”
At the same time, just because your son doesn’t fit a traditional profile for a high-performing student, that doesn’t mean he isn’t intelligent. In fact, some of the most intelligent people in the world don’t fit that “sit still and listen” approach that many classrooms fit. Creative, positive-energy, a bias for action, a great sense of humor, and an active personality aren’t weaknesses; they’re strengths. But they are strengths that aren’t measured in the typical scales that most schools grade by.
3. Those strengths can be leveraged toward academic performance — but curriculum demands on educators mean most guys never learn how
Nevertheless, over the past several years, we’ve seen young guys find success by harnessing those strengths toward their studies. Think about it. Being active is actually a quality of a great student, but too many active students find themselves underperforming. Being creative is another quality of great students, but too many creative dudes end up missing their academic goals. Why?
Perhaps guys are just worse at school than other groups (we’re not convinced) — or perhaps your son just needs to learn how to use his strengths to maximize his grades.
Good news: the Dude’s Guide can help
We built this course for families just like yours.
We understand how frustrating that experience is for your son — because we’ve lived it. Our instructors for this course — Kent and Skylar — are guys who lived through middle and high school. Both of us were athletes (although Kent was definitely more coordinated), and both prefered sports, video games, and adventures to sitting still for 6+ hours daily.
And now both of us are parents of boys. They’re young, but we don’t want anything to make them feel trapped, overwhelmed, or like they aren’t gifted in the right ways. We built the Dudes’ Guide to help your dudes:
- Find tangible ways to allow their active, adventurous spirits help (instead of harm) their academic success
- Get organized in a simple, step-by-step way so they aren’t scrambling in the mornings looking for school books or assignments
- Make sure they never miss an assignment or test (by the way, zeroes are the #1 grade killers for most guys)
- Feel confident in their strengths so they can walk into every class free of learning insecurities
“Why can we trust you to actually help our boys?” Great question.
As parents ourselves, we understand with something as important in your son’s life as their academic success — and future career success — is incredibly important. Here are a few points of Skylar and Kent’s combined track record: two master’s degrees, 15 high school varsity letters, 3 seasons as team captains, multiple all-state and all-conference awards, and upwards of a 3.9 GPA. Skylar graduated high school valedictorian, college summa cum laude, and with a 4.0 graduate school performance. They both then spent several years coaching and tutoring high school and college students to hone in the research-based approach taught here.
In short, we’re confident that our track record is proof enough, but here are a couple of reviews from past students and parents:
“I am confident that both of my kids will approach the upcoming school year with a new level of confidence and will utilize the study skills that they learned from Study Right.”
“I would recommend this program to anyone who wants to improve their grades and time management skills.”
“StudyRight has benefited me a lot with my classes this year! I thought it would be impossible to manage 4 AP classes and 7 clubs but with the time management and study skills I’ve learned I have very high grades now and I have plenty of time for myself!”
What you get with the Dudes’ Guide to Study Skills:
We had a really simple mission with the Dudes’ Guide: make world-class, guy-specific study skills training available to dudes across the country at a price any family could afford.
When we first started study skills training, we found that similar programs were rare and incredibly expensive. If you go to a learning center for similar training, you can expect to pay $2,800 to $10,000+ for a semester long course. Even a cheaper options like hiring a study skills tutor personally are still $40+ per hour, and you can expect to need 10-12 meetings with that instructor.
With the Dudes’ Guide, we wanted to make an entire course less than what you’d pay for a single hour of another training option. What’s more, with the Dudes’ Guide to Study Skills you’ll receive:
- A helpful learning guide to maximize the outcome your student experiences
- 12 dude-specific video lessons covering key study skills like:
- A stress-free approach to getting organized so you never miss an assignment
- Focusing effectively to maximize learning, minimize distractions, and boost your grades
- How guys can use their natural activity, kinesthetically-oriented nature, and visual learning to thrive
- And more skills taught in a dude-centered way — think Sportscenter mixed with the manliest interviews you’ve ever seen.
- Free email reminders to help your student stay on track
- 3 Possible certifications for your student to own his academic advancement
- Unlimited access to the course for as long as your student wants it — even a couple years from now for a refresher
All of this content, certification quizzes for motivating learning, and the only guy-specific study skills content we know of anywhere — all for only $39, less than you’d pay for a single hour of a study skills trainer.
Start the Dudes’ Guide to Study Skills today for just $39
“But I’m not sure an online course is the best fit for my son.”
This is a valid concern we hear all the time. And we understand those concerns. Yet, while online learning is still new, more and more students are learning online each day, and there’s a reason. That said, we’ve still attached a fully-refundable guarantee to the course. If it’s not a fit for your son, we’ll repay your entire fee — which, by the way, is less than one hour with a tutor.
In our mission to empower thousands of guys across the country to find new degrees of academic success, we’ve seen the options available and we’re confident that this is the manliest study skills training resource you’ll find anywhere. You’d spend more than $39 on an assessment at a learning center — why not take the risk-free leap and try an online course?
Still not sure this is for your student? We get it. Try a lesson free on us:
We’re throwing in another bonus, too!
In addition to the learning guides, the video content, and the additional resources included in the course, we’re going to include the Dudes’ Guide e-book & audio course — a $19 value — FREE with your enrollment. You’ll be able to download the material when you enroll.
Ready to start? Give the dude in your life the gift of academic success & confidence today.
P.S.: If you’re thinking, “This is the kind of resource I wish I had in school — it could have helped me out a lot!” know that you’re not alone. We built the course we wish we’d have taken, and we hope this is a resource that helps your son become the man he was meant to be.